These Date Peanut Bars are a delicious (almost guilt-free) snack. They are soft and chewy…and perfect for someone that loves nuts! The vegan chocolate topping can be omitted if you are looking to make a guilt-free version of these bars. I like to cut these into small snack-size squares that are easy to take on the go or in your lunch.
– xoxo Bella
- 5-7 Dates
- ½ Cup natural peanut butter
- 1 ½ Cups peanuts, unsalted
- 1-2 scoop fermented Greek yogurt protein+
- 1/2 Cup coconut flour
- ½ Cup vegan chocolate chips
- ¼ Cup + 1 Tbsp. natural almond butter
- 1/4 Cup chopped peanuts
- 3 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 Cup cranberries
- Line an 8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Peanut Layer: Add dates and peanut butter to a food processor. Blend until you get a sticky and crumbly mixture.
- Add in 1 cup peanuts and blend until fully-incorporated. Add in remaining ½ cup nuts, flour and proteins+. Pulse food processor a few times to incorporate.
- Pour this mixture into the prepared baking pan. Press down and smooth to create an even layer.
- Chocolate Layer: In a bowl, add the chocolate chip and almond butter. Melt in the microwave.
- Pour this chocolate mixture over the peanut layer. Smooth into an even layer. Sprinkle toppings evenly over the bars. Press gently into the chocolate layer.
- Freeze for 30 minutes. When set, remove and cut into bars.