- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (semi-ground using mortar and pestle)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/2 cup organic, whole milk, plain yogurt
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1 scoop Genuine Health fermented vegan proteins+ powder in Vanilla
- 2/3 cup of all purpose gluten-free flour or gluten-free baking and pancake mix
- 1/3 cup of desiccated coconut
- frozen blueberries
- coconut oil
- Grind chia seeds (I used mortar and pestle), put into large bowl with water, let sit while you mix dry ingredients.
- Take some blueberries out of the freezer and set aside in a small bowl.
- Mix the protein powder, gf flour and coconut in a medium sized bowl and set aside.
- Add almond milk, yogurt, and lemon zest to the chia seeds.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix well.
- Melt 1 tbsp coconut oil in a frying pan to medium temperature.
- Spoon batter into hot pan.
- Drop blueberries into wet batter.
- When batter starts to bubble, flip pancakes.
- Top with plain yogurt and maple syrup or jam.
Makes 8-10 small pancakes