By Louise Van Blyderveen BA, CNP
The best part about this recipe is approximately 2 dozen bite size party tarts can all be made in a small personal food processor!
- 1c raw almonds
- 1c pitted dates
- 1 tbs ground flax seed
- 1 scoop unflavoured fermented whole body NUTRITION with greens+
- 1c pumpkin purée
- 1 cooked, cubed sweet potato (1c potato purée)
- 1/4c melted coconut oil
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 scoop unflavoured fermented vegan proteins+
1tbs pumpkin pie spice mix OR make your own mix:
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1/2tsp ginger
- 1/2tsp nutmeg
- 1/2tsp allspice
- 1/2tsp cloves
Vegan Coconut Whip Cream
- 1.5c chilled coconut cream
- 1 tbsp coconut butter
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Place coconut milk can in refrigerator for 24 hours to ensure the cream becomes solid and separates from the liquid.
- Peel and cube a whole sweet potato. Place potato in pot with water, boil until soft (fork should pierce entire cube easily). Once cooked, drain and set aside. To make your own pumpkin purée you can follow the same procedure with a small cooking pumpkin.
- Blend all crust ingredients together. Add a bit of water in to get desired consistency. Break pieces of “dough” and press into small tart baking dish.
- Rinse food processor. Place in all filling ingredients together in food processor and purée until smooth. Place in refrigerator to thicken. Scoop out desired amount on top of crust in baking dish. Place for a few hours in refrigerator before serving or freeze and thaw as needed.
- Rinse out food processor. Scoop out 1.5 cups of solid coconut cream, place in processor with all other ingredients and whip into creamy consistency. Whip up cream as needed and place on tarts before serving. Taste just like whip cream!