This article is part of a series. Check out the other pieces in this series to learn more about:
- WHY a complete approach to gut health can transform your overall health
- How to PRIME your gut to receive nutrients and probiotic bacteria
When John Mayer wrote his chart-topping song “Your Body is a Wonderland,” we think he was singing about the gut. Because, if you think about it, your gut really is a wonderland, or lush garden, teeming with diverse species of flora that create wonderful magic within you.
This diverse flora, or gut microbes do so much for you. From manufacturing nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids, to helping your body absorb minerals, your gut bacteria support you in so many ways. Your gut microbes can even talk to your brain, and influence your body metabolism and whether you gain or lose weight. And maybe most astonishing is new research that suggests that gut microbes can make you more attractive (it’s known as the “glow of health”). Like whoa.
Your microbiome is a wonderland, indeed. But the modern way of living can be hard on the gut microbiome – and, over time can displace those friendly gut microbes, leading to less biodiversity and/or letting more of the bad gut microbes (think of them as weeds) move in. Less friendly microbes means that your body is less of a wonderland.
But clearing the “weeds” and shifting gut bacteria to healthier states is possible!
Priming your gut with fermented foods and proteins helps to heal gut tissue and can even help to promote the growth of friendly bacteria and discourage the weeds.
Fermented foods like yogurt, kimchi, sauerkraut, kombucha and miso have long been eaten to help populate gut flora and promote health for centuries. But these foods often provide only one or two strains of bacteria, in unknown amounts. In order to fully seed the gut with friendly bacteria when healthy bacteria is missing, a probiotic supplement must step in.
In order to fully seed the gut with friendly bacteria when healthy bacteria is missing, a probiotic supplement must step in.
But which probiotic is best? Probiotics are everywhere these days, with formulas for overall wellbeing and condition-specific blends. But it can be hard to know which probiotics are the best. Many probiotics on the market only contain a few strains, are largely lactobacilli based (primarily Lb acidophilus and Lb rhamnosus), are non-vegan in origin, contain allergens such as dairy, fish, bovine, crustaceans, soy and wheat, and lack humidity control mechanisms, which can damage the probiotic bacteria.
advanced gut health probiotic is different
Every step in the creation of advanced gut health probiotic is designed with one goal in mind: to get the most healthy, hearty bacteria to the gut!
- Our superior formula combines 15 strains, carefully selected for their whole body benefits, in a ratio that mimics a healthy gut microbiome.
- A highly-controlled process ensures that only the heartiest, healthiest bacteria make it to the final product – a 3-step process cleans and purifies the strains, the strains are clean and toxin-free, and only the strongest and most tenacious remain.
- The strains are housed in a vegan, delayed-release capsule with a fermented prebiotic. This capsule is special because it bypasses the stomach acid, and reaches the gut 45 minutes after standard capsules and delivers up to 10x the bacteria to the gut. (This capsule is plastic-free, unlike many other delayed-release caps on the market, FYI.)
- advanced gut health probiotics are shelf-stable, and we put careful thought into the way in which they are packaged. We house our probiotics in a blister-pack, because the blister pack protects the capsules from humidity. Unlike bottles, which expose the probiotics to humidity each time they’re opened, blister packs create a Fort Knox of sorts around each capsule.
- advanced gut health probiotics are 100% vegan, soy-free, gluten-free and non-GMO.
It’s all about the synergy – probiotics can help to boost your health in other ways!
Probiotics can increase the bioavailability of the phytonutrients found in greens+
The bioavailability of phytonutrients can be increased by over 100% when diverse microbes are present! It’s all about the synergy – phytonutrients promote the growth of friendly bacteria and friendly bacteria help us better use our phytonutrients!
Probiotics make fish oils work better
Probiotics can also increase body-wide tissue levels of omega-3 fatty acids, and can increase the EPA and DHA found in the brain.
- advanced gut probiotic 15 billion CFU is more than adequate as a way to capture the health benefits of probiotics in a formula for daily maintenance.
- advanced gut probiotic 50 billion CFU is appropriate if you’re looking for a little more support, for example in times of high stress, following a period of antibiotic use, or if you prefer a stronger probiotic.