An anti-inflammatory powerhouse.
2 tablespoons raw organic coconut oil
1 whole yellow onion, roughly chopped
1-2 teaspoons ginger, minced
6 cups carrots, roughly chopped
4 cups vegetable broth
1 can of unsweetened coconut milk
Salt & cayenne pepper (1/4 tsp for lots of spicy!) to taste
Juice of two limes
A few sprigs of fresh cilantro
- Melt coconut oil in soup pot over medium heat and add in the onion and ginger – cook for a few minutes.
- Add carrots, and cook covered for 10-15 minutes until carrots begin to soften.
- Add broth, bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer for 10-15 more minutes.
- Add coconut milk and cook until carrots are soft.
- Add lime juice, and salt, pepper.
- Puree with a blender and you are ready to eat.