Looking for the perfect brunch recipe? This gut-loving Vegan Cinnamon French Toast featuring our fermented organic gut superfoods+ will definitely be your new go-to. Not only is it dairy-free, and egg-free, but it can also be made gluten-free by swapping in your favourite gluten-free bread.
Makes 2 servings
- 4 slices thick crusty bread (I use Kamut bread)
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp ground chia seeds
- 1 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 1 scoop fermented organic gut superfoods+
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- coconut oil for frying
- Whisk the almond milk, chia seeds, flax seeds, fermented organic gut superfoods+, cinnamon, salt, and maple syrup together in a bowl.
- Set aside and allow to sit for 10 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil in a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. (Enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan)
- Dip each piece of bread into the mixture for 20-30 seconds on each side.
- Place the bread in your pan and cook on each side for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with berries, maple syrup, yogurt, or any other of your favourite toppings!
Tips & Suggestions:
- If you don’t like the taste of coconut oil, use vegan butter for frying
- Stale bread will work just as well as fresh bread for this recipe