Hemp seeds are high in essential fats and fermented protein makes this vegan pate a light and flavourful appetizer. Carrots, umeboshi plum vinegar, and hemp hearts combine to provide a hearty and grounding winter dish, sure to satisfy a salt craving and leave you feeling warmed from the inside out!
- 1 cup grated rainbow carrot
- 1/4 cup diced yellow onion
- 1 medium clove of garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup hemp hearts
- 2 teaspoons umeboshi plum vinegar
- 1 scoop of Genuine Health fermented vegan+ proteins (unflavoured)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- cracked pepper
- Place all ingredients into food processor or blender and mix until consistency is a smooth paste.
- Spoon into a mould or dish and serve with cut veggies, crackers or flat breads.
Also makes a great, high protein addition to a garden salad!