Fuelling your “agni” (or “digestive fire” in Ayurvedic practices) helps to fortify your body’s constitution for fall. Nurturing and strengthening the digestive system – especially the beneficial bacteria of our gastro-intestinal tracts – not only improves the efficiency of our digestive process, but also bolsters our body’s immune system against disease, including airborne colds and flu viruses that are also gearing up for the months ahead.
Stoke your digestive fire for the day by enjoying this first thing in the morning. This smoothie combines the nourishing benefits of, fermented ingredients and foods, and warming spices in a tangy, spicy, earthy, delicious and very satisfying blend of “agni inspired” ingredients.
(vegan option/ gluten free)
- 1 cup kombucha (flavour of choice), apple cider, or warm water with a squeeze of lemon
- 1-2 scoops of greens+ whole body NUTRITION
- ½ cup organic yogourt (or cultured, vegan alternative)
- 2 teaspoons miso paste* (dissolved in a couple of tablespoons of hot water)
- 3-4 soaked dates**
- ¼ cup (4 tbsp) sunflower or walnut butter(or other nut) butter
- 1 ½ tablespoons raw honey (or maple syrup for vegan option)
- 2 teaspoons ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Combine in blender and blend thoroughly. Sip slowly while focusing on grounding and finding your centre in a moment of stillness as the fall unfolds around you.
*Generally, the lighter the miso paste – the more mild the flavour. The darker miso is – the higher the soy content, and also the “earthier” the taste is.
**simply cover dates in warm water and leave for a couple of hours or overnight to soften