Your kids will love these healthy energy balls that have fibre, vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, antioxidants and gut health… all rolled in one! Made with oats, blackberries, shredded coconut and medjool dates, plus NEW fermented organic gut superfoods+ kids, these bites provide a big dose of superfoods in a small package.
- 1-½ cups unsulfured shredded coconut (reserve ½ cup for coating)
- 1 cup rolled oats or quick oats
- 2 scoops fermented organic gut superfoods+ kids
- 8-10 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup blackberries, fresh
- Optional: 1 tbsp coconut butter, (warmed)
- Add dates, fermented organic gut superfoods+ kids and blackberries to the food processor. Add coconut butter if using. Warm it up in a pot before adding to help it blend easier. Blend until smooth.Roll into 1 inch balls and coat some or all of them with shredded coconut. If they are not rolling easily, put them in the fridge because they may be easier to roll when chilled.
- Place 1 cup of shredded coconut and oats into food processor. Blend until combined and the oats are a finer texture, (but not into a flour texture).
- Enjoy immediately or refrigerate for up to 5 days. Freeze for up to 3 months in an airtight container.
• Makes 22, 1 inch balls.
• *You could make these with frozen blackberries but it will change the texture and you may need to add more coconut flakes and oats.
• If you have trouble getting them roll if they are too dry, add another date or 2.