Pizza for breakfast just became a reality! The crust creates a firm and nutrient packed base by combining ingredients like dates, coconut oil, hemp seeds and oats. Plus you can be sure to get your greens from this recipe since it includes 2 scoops of Vegan greens+ O vanilla filled with organic spirulina, chlorella, alfalfa grass, plus 20 other plant-powered ingredients!
The best part about this pizza, besides the taste, is how pretty you can make it look with toppings. Top it off with vibrant beet and turmeric powder, fresh berries and EVEN edible flowers!
- 2 cups of gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ tsp of sea salt
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 cup of shredded coconut
- 1 tbsp of coconut nectar
- 2 cups of medjool dates (approximately 14 dates)
- 2 tbsp of melted coconut oil
- 2 scoops of vegan greens+ O vanilla
- ⅓ cup of pumpkin seeds
- ¼ cup of hemp seeds
- ½ cup of slivered almonds
- coconut yogurt (for the ‘sauce’)
- berries (strawberries, blackberries and blueberries)
*Optional: make it extra pretty by sprinkling on some beet and turmeric powder and some edible flowers or petals!
- Place the dates into a bowl of water and let them soak for 10-15 minutes.
- Place the soaked de-seeded dates (minus the water), 1 of the 2 cups of oats, sea salt, cinnamon, pumpkin seeds, shredded coconut and coconut nectar into a food processor. Pulse until the ingredients are mixed and form a chunky crumb texture. You may need to stop and scoop from the bottom of the food processor once or twice to make sure everything is getting mixed together.
- Next add in the coconut oil and 2 scoops of Vegan greens+ O vanilla into the food processor and pulse until everything is mixed together.
- Scoop the mix into a big bowl and add in the saved 1 cup of oats, slivered almonds and hemp seeds. Bring the mixture together using a spoon or by using your hands (I like this method better!) until it forms a dough. Place the mix into the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Once the mixture is ready, separate the dough into 4-6 even balls to create your crusts. Using your hands, press out the balls to create round pizza crusts for your breakfast pizzas.
- Top each pizza crust with coconut yogurt and your favourite sliced fruit, and sprinkle with nuts, seeds, flavourful powders or edible flowers! Enjoy immediately.
- You can store the pre-made pizza crusts (or just the dough and make the crusts later!) in the fridge for 2 weeks or the freezer for one month.