Did you know that some hot chocolate can have upwards of 30 grams of sugar per serving? Here’s a hot chocolate recipe that is healthy enough to enjoy every day. Don’t worry, our version has a rich chocolate taste with a subtle and refreshing burst of mint. It’s also boosted with our fermented organic vegan proteins+, which helps to balance blood sugar and keep those cravings in check.
Makes a great gift! Layer the dry ingredients in a 2-cup jar, topped with vegan chocolate chips and marshmallows for a super sweet stocking stuffer.
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 scoop fermented organic vegan proteins+ in chocolate
- ¼ cup cacao powder
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or coconut sugar
- ½ tsp peppermint extract
- 1 tbsp coconut oil or butter
- Vegan chocolate chips and marshmallows
- Put coconut milk in a saucepan and gently whisk over low heat until hot but not boiling.
- Pour into a blender and add rest of ingredients. Blend until smooth.
- Pour into mugs. Decorate with marshmallows if using, and serve!