Looking for a snack and a nutritious boost rolled into one? Joy McCarthy’s plant-based bites are PACKED with fibre and phytonutrients, made with whole food ingredients, and are amazing for gut health.
“I love making energy balls like this recipe because there is little prep involved — no turning on the oven and nothing to cook. All you need is a small kitchen appliance to really chew up all the ingredients (get out your food processor) and then roll into balls! They freeze really well for up to 3 months or refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.” -Joy
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 10 medjool dates, pitted and soaked for 30 minutes in hot water
- 1 cup oat flakes or old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 scoop greens+ multi+, Berry Flavour or greens+ original
- Zest and juice from 1 lemon
- ¼ cup dried sour cherries, blueberries or raisins
- Discard date soaking water. Combine all ingredients into a food processor and blitz until crumbly. Check the sticking power by rolling one into a ball. Feel free to add a splash of water another medjool date if it’s not sticking.
- Roll into balls. Freeze for up to 3 months or refrigerate for up to 2 weeks.