No need to wait for fall—enjoy this healthy pumpkin-pie smoothie bowl all-year round thanks to healthy canned pumpkin puree. Pumpkin is a super healthy fruit, rich in potassium, vitamin A and vitamin C. This smoothie bowl gets a kick of protein from fermented organic vegan proteins+, which is made from a blend of 7 fully-fermented plant-based sources, including organic spirulina, organic mung bean, organic yellow pea kernel, organic flaxseed, organic hemp and organic brown rice and organic pumpkin seeds, that together provide a balanced amino acid profile.
- 2 cups canned pumpkin purée
- 1 cup plain almond milk
- 1 ½ cups almond milk, cashew cream or other dairy-free milk or more, to thin
- 2-4 tablespoons pure maple syrup to taste
- 1-2 scoops fermented organic vegan proteins+ in vanilla
- 1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- Roasted pumpkin seeds
- Granola see the link above for my Pumpkin Pie Granola
- Extra pumpkin pie spice to sprinkle
- Freeze the pumpkin puree and almond milk in silicone molds or ice cube trays.
- Once frozen, transfer the pumpkin and almond milk cubes into the container of a high powdered blender and add the cashew cream or almond milk, maple syrup, protein powder and pumpkin pie spice. Pulse, using a tamper if you have one (otherwise stopping the blender frequently to push down the mixture), until the mixture is smooth. You may need to add a small additional amount of cashew cream or almond milk to thin it to the desired consistency.
- Divide the smoothie among bowls, garnish with the toppings if desired and eat immediately!