Need help getting out the door with your little one in the morning? This smoothie, created by Joy McCarthy of Joyous Health, can help! Joy chose each of the ingredients for gut-lovin’ (good for a child’s developing microbiome), immune and brain-boosting benefits, and ability to provide little people’s bodies with nourishing energy all morning long! This smoothie is dairy-free, gluten-free, grain-free and low allergen.
Joy says, “It’s extremely nourishing for growing bodies! Because I’ve added fermented organic gut superfoods+ kids, they’ll be sipping on a rainbow of phytonutrients. What I mean by that is there are so many different colored superfoods, which are the best nutrition bang for your buck you can give to your child.”
- 1 cup berries (such as raspberries, blueberries and blackberries)
- ½ cup chopped kale or spinach
- 1 banana
- ½ tsp chia or ground flax
- ½ cup coconut yogurt or kefir
- 1 scoop fermented organic gut superfoods+ kids (grape flavour)
- Optional: 1 tsp omega3 kids+ D3 fish oil
- Non-dairy milk to desired consistency
- Topping: Coconut flakes and blackberries
- Combine all ingredients into a high power blender and blend until fully combined.
- Drink right away or refrigerate for the day.