Full of juicy blueberries, and just the right amount of banana, these gluten-free, low sugar muffins are ready in just 25 minutes! They’re boosted with collagen+, for a skin- and joint-loving boost. Unlike lots of healthy muffins, which can come out of the oven flat, these Blueberry Banana Muffins have a perfect domed top, thanks to a sneaky trick! No wonder they’ve been called “best ever”.
- 1 ¼ cup gluten free baking flour blend
- ½ tsp xanthan gum (omit if the flour blend already includes it)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup + 2 tablespoons unflavoured Collagen+
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ¼ cup pure honey
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil (or olive oil)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 medium very ripe bananas
- ¾ cup fresh blueberries
- Spray the top of a muffin tin with olive oil spray (or grease with coconut oil) and place 9 muffin liners in the tin.
- Place the oven rack in the top 1/3 of the oven and preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl add the flour, xanthan, baking powder, baking soda, collagen, and salt and using a whisk, stir to combine until everything is completely incorporated.
- In a blender add in the honey, avocado oil, vanilla, and banana and blend on low until the mixture is just smooth with few clumps (about 10 seconds), be sure not to over-mix.
- Pour the wet banana mixture into the bowl with the dry mixture and stir until you have a smooth batter.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Fill each muffin liner with batter to the very top (this will help get the domed muffin top) and place the muffins in the preheated oven and bake for just 13-15 minutes, or until a toothpick pulls clean.
- Let the muffins cool completely before removing the muffin lining.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of powdered sweetener (if preferred).