Ever made your own coconut milk yogurt? You may be surprised to learn that it a) requires just two ingredients and b) is very (very) easy. Not only that, each serving is packed with healthy fats and gut-loving probiotics. Eating probiotic-rich foods is a great way to help boost your gut flora—which in turn helps to support your entire body, from helping to improve digestion and immunity, and so much more. Use this yogurt to top a granola parfait or eat it on its own by the heaping spoonful.
- Refrigerate coconut milk cans overnight to allow time for the cream to separate from the coconut water.
- Scoop coconut cream from can and place in a clean bowl. Let warm up to room temperature to make it easier to mix in the probiotics.
- Crack open each probiotic into the coconut cream and combine.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and store overnight or for 12 hours in a warm environment like inside your oven. (Remember it’s in there and do not use your oven!)
- The next day, mix the yogurt with a spoon, it should be nice and creamy and smell tangy/sour just like yogurt. If it smells funky or the colour is off, discard the yogurt.
- Place in a clean jar and refrigerate for up to 7-10 days.
- If using, the vanilla and maple syrup can be added after the 12-hour fermentation process.