Why wait for summer to enjoy a festive glass of sangria? We skipped the juice and brandy in our version, opting for lower-sugar superfoods and kombucha. As a bonus, nearly every ingredient in our sangria is fermented, for a delicious, healthier and gut-loving take on an old favourite.
Note: Feel free to garnish with any seasonal fruit or herbs you love.
- bottle of light red wine like gamay/Beaujolais, chilled
- 1 scoop of fermented organic gut superfoods+ in summer berry shaken with 1 cup of water
- 1 cranberry, pomegranate or berry of choice kombucha
- 1 cup of ice
- ½ orange sliced
- Cranberries and pomegranates for garnish
- Pour the bottle of wine into a large vessel such as a big bowl or 2L mason jar.
- Add the shaken fermented organic gut superfoods+ and water and ice.
- Slowly add the bottle of kombucha and fruit garnish.
- Stir to combine and enjoy!